Run your browser in 32-bit mode on Mac
If you're using Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion, chances are that your Firefox and Safari browsers are running in 64-bit mode. The Veetle plugin does not work in 64-bit mode. You'll need to switch to 32-bit mode for it to work. Unfortunately, Safari on Lion cannot be remedied by switching to 32-bit. Lion Safari users must switch to Chrome.
|Tiger / Leopard||Snow Leopard||Lion|
|Firefox||32-bit & 64-bit supported||32-bit supported||32-bit supported|
|Safari||32-bit & 64-bit supported||32-bit supported||No support|
|Chrome||Everything supported||Everything supported||Everything supported|
- Command + Q to exit out of Firefox or Safari.
- Click the browser of your choice in your dock. Keep holding down the click until a menu appears.
- Choose Options > Show in Finder.
- Ctrl + click the browser in Finder.
- Choose "Get Info".
- In the General pane, check "Open in 32-bit mode".
- Close this info window.
- Restart your browser. It should now be running in 32-bit mode and the Veetle plugin should work.