How to Use the Android App from Veetle
Once you have downloaded the new Veetle app from the Android Market, you can browse available channels for videos to watch.
The Veetle 1.1.5 app is currently supported the devices listed below. Other devices may have success but have not been verified and tested. We will continue to grow our list of supported devices.
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Samsung Galaxy SII
- Samsung Droid Charge
- Samsung Nexus S
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2
- Motorola Droid
- Motorola Droid X
- Motorola Droid 2
- Motorola Droid 3
- Motorola Droid Pro
- Motorola Atrix 4G
- Motorola Milestone
- Motorola Triumph
- HTC Desire 4G
- HTC Evo 4G
- HTC Evo 3D
- HTC Rezound
- HTC Sensation
- HTC Droid Incredible
- HTC ThunderBolt
- HTC EVO View 4G (PG41200)
- HTC Inspire 4G
- HTC Desire
- HTC Desire Z
- HTC Sensation 4G
- HTC Holiday
- LG p999 optimus g2x t-mobile
- LG MS910 Esteem
- LG Revolution
- Sony Ericsson Xperia-Play
- T-Mobile MyTouch 4G
- SEMC Xperia Arc
To begin a broadcast, select the "Go Live" camera button from upper right corner and then click on the red broadcast button on the right side of the screen.
If you have not registered you will see options to register. Registered users can login.
Guest accounts and Registered accounts:
If you broadcast as a Guest, you will have an URL for your broadcasts from that device. However, if you change to another device you will have a different URL. Registered accounts that log in will have the same unique URL for their broadcasts that will stay with their account across devices.
Depending on your hardware, you may have a button to turn on an off the flash during your broadcast. The default mode is for the flash to be turned off. If you turn the flash on, note that this is a consistent light source from your device and will result in shorter battery life.
You can adjust the following settings:
- Auto - defaults to High quality on Wi-Fi and Low quality on cellular networks.
- Low – Lowest frame rate. Good for cellular connections or weak Wi-Fi signals.
- Medium – Good frame rate for use on fair signals or strong cellular connections.
- High – High quality setting. This is best over strong Wi-Fi connections.
Note: If you start a broadcast on using the Auto setting it will begin your broadcast at “High”. If your signal gets weaker or you switch to 3g, you may eventually need to re-start your broadcast at a lower quality setting.
- Checked: Your broadcast will be featured in the main Veetle channels page in the mobile app and on the website.
- Un-checked: Your broadcast will only be available to viewers who have the exact URL.
- For devices with front and back cameras, this toggles between the cameras.
- During broadcast, this changes to a "Live" button showing that you are currently broadcasting live.
Inactive during broadcasting
This counter shows how many views your broadcast has received since the most recent start. This counter resets each time you stop / start a broadcast.
- Only available after you start a broadcast.
- If your device supports SMS you can share broadcast with friends and family via SMS link.
- If you have email configured on your device, you can also share via email.
At any time you can tap the title bar at the bottom of the screen and input a title for your video. This title will be displayed on the Mobile Channels page is your video is set to “public”.
After broadcasting you will see a summary of your event showing the title (if entered), the total views for this event and the time on air.