How to Use the Veetle iOS App
The Veetle 1.1 app is supported on iOS 4.2 and above on iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads with cameras. Once you have downloaded the new Veetle app from the App Store, you can browse available channels for videos to watch.
- Video Quality - Auto: defaults to High quality on wi-fi. Normal: 180kbps. This is the default setting over 3g and cellular networks. High: 780kbps. This setting is best over wi-fi connection. Note: If you start a broadcast on using the Auto setting it will begin your broadcast at "High". If your signal gets weaker or you switch to 3g, you may eventually need to re-start your broadcast at a lower quality setting.
- Publicly Visible - On: Your broadcast will be featured in the main Veetle channels page in the mobile app and on the website. Off: Your broadcast will only be available to viewers who have the exact URL.
To broadcast, select the "Go Live" button from the front page and click on the red broadcast button. On the broadcasting page, you can set your channel title by tapping in the provided field and typing your title.
Mute the sound input from your device microphone. This is useful in situations where the audio is not needed for the broadcast.
The default mode is for the flash to be turned off. If you turn the flash on, note that this is a consistent light source from your device and will result in shorter battery life.
For devices with front and back cameras, this toggles between the cameras. During broadcast, this changes to a "Live" button showing that you are currently broadcasting live.
Available after you start a broadcast. If your device supports SMS you can share broadcast with friends and family via SMS link. If you have email configured on your device via the Mail app, you can also share via email.
If you have registered with Veetle your account Stats will show:
- Hits: total number of visits to your channel since debut
- Peak Viewers: highest number of viewers at one time
- Airtime: total broadcasting time since debut
- Debut: day you first started broadcasting with Veetle
If you have not registered you will see options to register and how to get help. However, you will not be able to view your stats.
Guest and Registered Accounts
If you broadcast as a Guest, you will have an URL for your broadcasts from that device. However, if you change to another device you will have a different URL. Registered accounts that log in will have the same unique URL for their broadcasts that will stay with their account across devices.