Veetle User Guide
The New Profile Page
Your profile page shows a timeline of mobile broadcasts along with the total lifetime views of your mobile videos. You can also edit your profile and your mobile video history.
To change your profile settings, click on the blue "Edit" button. Here you can upload a new profile picture and update your name and interests. If you have connected with Facebook your profile picture will be imported from Facebook. From your main profile page you can also edit your past mobile broadcasts. Mouse-over the drop down menu arrow and choose either "Edit" or "Delete". Note: choosing delete will remove the video permanently and cannot be undone. By choosing "Edit" you can change the title and description of your mobile video. To change the privacy settings for your saved videos, click the icon next to the time and date line to toggle between public and private. Public videos are searchable and available for viewers to browse on Veetle.com and in the app. Private videos will not be featured on Veetle.com or in the app and are not searchable.
The New Search Bar
The new search functionality on Veetle.com and in the iPhone app allows you to find videos based on information in the title, description, user name, the broadcasters first and last name (if provided) and listed keywords in hobbies and interests in the broadcasters profile. Only public videos can be searched.
Viewing Videos in the Mobile App
We use the native Apple video plauer in iOS devices
- Seek bar: for saved videos you can skip forward and back usinf the slider. Note: It may take a few secods for the full video to load
- Skip back 30 seconds in the broadcast
- Play/Pause playing of the broadcast
- Fast forward- inactive. For saved videos, use the "seek" bar at the top
- Volume control
Android users will need the Adobe mobile Flash Player to view videos.
- Power button- stop/start the playing of the broadcast
- Volume- adjust the volume of the playback
- Aspect ratio- adjust the aspect ratio of the broadcast for optimal playback
- Full screen- Switch to full screen mode
Viewing on Computers
- Power button - stop and start the viewing of the broadcast
- Volume control - adjust volume controls
- Aspect Ratio - on some devices your aspect ratio may need to be adjusted for better viewing. Click this button to toggle between aspect ratios.
- Expand - toggle between inset in the browser or expanded in the browser window.
- Full screen view - expand to full screen. Press Esc key to exit.
Chat / Channels Section
- Chat - You can send a message and chat on the video play screen by logging in with your Veetle, Twitter or Facebook account. Common decency rules apply. If you are unable to comment on a video, the broadcaster has either disabled comments or banned you from commenting due to inappropriate comments.
Broadcasters: to delete a comment or ban a user, highlight their comment. Click on the "ban user" icon to prevent that user from commenting on your videos. Click on the "delete comment" icon to delete a specific comment.
- Channels - Browse live content on other Veetle channels.
- Flag - Mark the content as inappropriate or as spam. You must be logged in with a Veetle account to send a flag.
- Be Social and Share - Log in with Facebook or Twitter and you can instantly share broadcasts with friends and family. Videos can now be embedded directly into your Facebook timeline or on pages. For details on this, please see our blog post. You can also share videos on sites such as Reddit, Digg and Stumble.
- Broadcaster Section (Profile) - This link will take you the detailed Profile page for this broadcaster.
- Schedule - This area displays a list of upcoming events from the broadcaster. Not all broadcasters enable this feature and it is not available on mobile streams.
- URL: Copy and paste link to share the URL.
- Embed: This code can be used to embed the video in your blog or website. Click the gear icon to the right of the code to select from available dimensions and aspect ratio fro embedding.